[c-nsp] separation of transit, peerings and this-AS traffic (long)

Tomas Hlavacek tomas.hlavacek at elfove.cz
Sun Sep 14 19:36:55 EDT 2008

Hello Ben and all,

thanks for reply. First thing is that I am only trying to set up a
proof-of-concept using small old boxes which are not doing MPLS at all.
In my lab scenario one box stays for one AS.

When it comes to deployment of the solution - whatever it is - to my
real network, it will be all done by a single 7600, which has connected
upstreams, peerings and customers into one single box. In real life my
network will stay for AS2.

As I am new to MPLS (I only did several labs and read theory) I could be
wrong, but I think that sice I have only one box involved, I have only
one RIB and so I can not use your solution now.

And yes, you are right. I don't like solution with policy based routing
despite that I know how to achive what I need using PBR. But I am scared
by eventual future expanding of PBR for more customers and more sites.

Tomas

--
Tomáš Hlaváček <tomas.hlavacek at elfove.cz>