[c-nsp] Check bandwidth on router

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Sep 17 00:05:42 EDT 2008

    0n Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 07:05:47PM +0200, Kristian Larsson wrote:

    >On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 07:54:45PM -0500, root net wrote:
    >> Hi List,
    >>
    >> Is there some sort of tool you can load into the IOS on a router to check
    >> bandwidth? Or if not what are you all doing these days in this situation.
    >> Like for example things are running slow and you think the Internet feed may
    >> be the problem is there a way to do speed tests on the router itself?
    >
    >You can use ttcp directly from your router, it's a
    >bit like iperf. It's a hidden commmand but works
    >basically like the unix version, just type 'ttcp'
    >at your IOS prompt and follow the "guide".

Why on earth is it a hidden command I wonder ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.