[c-nsp] Weird OSPF meltdown

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 01:45:48 EDT 2008

Every once in a while one of ME6524 routers starts getting hammered by
one customer or the other... the symptom is that all adjacencies go
down and stay stuck at EXCHANGE phase.
CPU doesn't go up, and CoPP is applied; OSPF is authenticated on every
adjacency (which are all point-to-point on SVIs), and we don't see any
strange neighbors.

It occurs more often with Internet access static connected route
customers, but has now happened on a VRF as well.

The only solution is disconnecting the customer; provisioning the
customer on SVI or on routerport doesn't seem to have any effect.

IOS is 12.2(18)ZU2; Sham-Link on this IOS is vulnerable but we are not
using it.

Any thoughts ?

Rubens