[c-nsp] separation of transit, peerings and this-AS traffic (long)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Sep 18 16:41:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:48:45PM +0200, Tomas Hlavacek wrote:
> The point is how to make packets traveling from upstreams of AS1 to AS2 not
> to take path via IX, but via direct Ethernet connection while traffic
> originating in AS1 and traffic from AS3 traveling trough AS1 take path via
> IX?

I'd actually just not peer with AS2, then... "don't peer with customers".

(Yes, this is not exactly what you wanted to hear - but everything else
that I could think of sounds horribly complicated, prone to fail, or
likely to burn lots of router memory for dubious gains).

If only AS3 and AS2 are involved, maybe a direct peering AS2<->AS3
could be arranged, to achieve the goal of traffic from AS3 reaching
AS2 without paying for uplink costs?

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * Sardegna, Italy *