[c-nsp] CoPP Hardware Counters on RSP720/7600

Sebastian Wiesinger cisco-nsp at tracker.fire-world.de
Mon Sep 22 15:05:08 EDT 2008

* Ozgur Guler <gulerozgur at yahoo.co.uk> [2008-09-22 14:31]:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Have you confirmed that mls qos is enabled globally?
> CoPP needs mls qos in order to work in HW.

Yes, "mls qos" is enabled. I tried doing a flood-ping with hping3 and
have around 30-40% of CPU usage. This seems a little bit high, but I
heard from others that without CoPP the session to the RSP720 would
just freeze. With my CoPP enabled I was able to work without delay on
the RSP720.

I couldn't test the situation without CoPP but I hope I can do so
tonight.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant