[c-nsp] c4000

Mario Spinthiras spinthiras.mario at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:39:24 EDT 2008

I presume the only difference in setting up vlans would show in CatOS which
I haven't used and not sure people do today compared to IOS.

If I remember correctly through my Cisco training CatOS is something like
set vlan %x while as it should be straight forward with IOS using vlan %x in
global config.

I do however remember a mishap I used to do sometimes. I used to create
virtual interfaces e.g Vlan401 and they wouldnt work for the simple fact
that I didnt create the l2 vlan.

Trunking should be fairly straight forward too.

Int X/X/X
switchport mode trunk
switchport encap dot1q
no shut