[c-nsp] Debugging Cisco VPN Client Software ... Is it even possible ?

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue Sep 23 08:27:29 EDT 2008

Hi all,

>From the _client_ perspective can anyone recommend any tools/techniques to debug
Cisco VPN client problems ? (they drive me mad). These are mostly Windows based
clients connecting to a cisco vpn concentrator. I tend to trawl through event logs
and client vpn logs and really have no real success with debugging.

The VPN client really feels like a black box :(

Any hot tips with how to debug VPN clients not being able to connect into a vpn
concentrator (from the _client_ perspective) ?

Thanks!

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.