[c-nsp] securely sending a trunk link

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:43:51 EDT 2008

hi,

just a qucik question to see if theres some simple
option.  For operational reasons we have to send
a trunk link down to a customer location...in this case
we are wary (as they may move..with the kit that was at
the other end..and someone else will connect to the link
and get themselves a nice trunk link with various
VLANs etc.  we will restrict the VLANs going to
the switch (to their service VLAN and the switch management
VLAN) but I was wondering if there was an alternative
way of delivering their service VLAN (2950t series switch)
or of securing the setup a bit more.... a basic
MAC ACL for the management VLAN is a given.

alan