[c-nsp] Performance Of www.cisco.com

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Sep 24 16:18:59 EDT 2008

> Not sure if it's just me but for the past several months,
> I've found the performance (response times) when browsing
> www.cisco.com is not all too great.

"Not all too great"?!

<rant>

It's been my experience that anything more or less 'static' (like
normal web pages or downloads) perform OK, but anything related
to applications (Failure Navigator, Conflicturation Tool, Buggy
Navigator, (Re)ordering Tool etc) is extremely slow... and buggy.

Impressively, the maketing people have managed to make the
'static' part worse too, by filling it with stuff like video data
sheets, ads for other products or places on the site, JavaScripts
for simple stuff like opening windows (breaking stuff like Ctrl +
click) and buttons etc etc.

Previously, at least we had www.cisco.com/univercd, but that
must have been too useful, 'cause that's being phased out.

</rant>

-A