[c-nsp] Performance Of www.cisco.com

Sean Granger sgranger at randfinancial.com
Wed Sep 24 16:35:00 EDT 2008

Seconded.

In fact, it's a common sense thing that since it's not being done, is brilliant.

Seth Mattinen wrote:
> It's been slow for me since this current iteration of the design came
> out. I just attributed it to the tradeoff between flashy and functional.
> I was stuck on a dialup modem (21k) once during an emergency after my
> 877 at home failed and trying to access my TAC case online was horribly
> painful to the point of causing extreme rage.
>
> Download speeds are fine, though.

My download speeds are fine too.  My biggest gripe is how things keep
changing and how fancy the pages are getting.  I can understand some
bling on the product and marketing pages but the support pages should be
downright blah in my opinion.  I should be able to load up the support
site in lynx if I have to and find what I'm looking for.  Today we have
to deal with all those damn style sheets, indirect linking through CGIs,
flash and javascript crap, having to (re)authenticate at every turn, and
timeouts that are way too short (can you say Dynamic Config Tool?).

Like I said earlier, give the product and marketing pages the shiny
bling and give the support pages the look, feel and function of what a
professional Cisco engineer would except and need.  After all, we use
the command line all day long.  We don't need a stinking GUI.

Justin