[c-nsp] Layer 2 security issue

Justin C. Darby jcdarby at usgs.gov
Wed Sep 24 16:43:27 EDT 2008

I don't know if this is possible for you to do or not, but have you
considered using static assignments for MAC<->Port mappings (e.g.
specify a mac address instead of sticky)?

I only use port security on an N7K at the moment, and we had to use
static mappings due to an outstanding bug related to due to the port
security mac-address sticky not propigating in the event of a sup
failover. After doing some reading it seems like it's a good idea to use
static assignments anyway, since I've seen a lot of reports of problems
similar to yours (generally, there seem to be a lot of bugs in the whole
L2 security suite on every platform).

Justin