[c-nsp] SNMP Monitoring VPN Traffic

Aaron Riemer ariemer at wesenergy.com.au
Fri Sep 26 04:50:29 EDT 2008

Thanks Howie,

I will have to give it a go :)

Aaron.

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Jones [mailto:howie at thingy.com]
Sent: Friday, 26 September 2008 3:33 PM
To: Aaron Riemer
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] SNMP Monitoring VPN Traffic

Aaron Riemer wrote:
> Hey guys,
>

> I am taking a bit of a leap here. But I would like to know if it's
> possible to actually monitor or graph bandwidth that each of our VPN
> tunnels are utilising terminating at our ASA firewall. We have
> implemented Cacti and weathermap monitoring. It would be great if we
> could actually see bandwidth statistics with each of these tunnels.
> Would there be some SNMP OID that I could graph for this?

http://forums.cacti.net/about27211.html suggests that you can, and has a

template for Cacti.

I haven't tried it, but I will be soon, since I'd like to know this too.

Cheers,

Howie

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.