[c-nsp] Weird Port Loopback Issues with 3750 and ESX 3.5

Aaron R aaronis at people.net.au
Sat Sep 27 02:08:01 EDT 2008

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply. ESX has what is called Virtual Switches which you can
attach NIC's to. We have successfully added another NIC (different vendor)
to the same virtual switch same cable same settings and it works as it
should. It must be something to do with the NIC's drivers or its inability
to negotiate duplex/speed with the switch. (Hard setting duplex/speed does
not resolve the issue!)

Anyway that is for the server guys to work out. I have no control of the ESX
box :)

Thanks mate,

Aaron.