[c-nsp] 10/100/1000 speeds in GE SFP ports

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sat Sep 27 16:20:58 EDT 2008

On (2008-09-27 13:36 -0500), Frank Bulk wrote:

> I should add that even those ports that do support MDI/X, when speed or
> duplex is configured, auto-MDI/X disappears.  Even if 'auto' is not
> possible, why not at least me manually set it?  This all forces me to buy
> adapters or change cable ends.

I've got past my traumas and I've been very happy with autonego for years
now, so this hasn't been an issue to me. Even nicer today, when you
can tell what autonego should advertise.
 But I can understand the frustration if you have gear, where
autonego simply does not function as expected. Luckily I don't have
such gear.

--
  ++ytti