[c-nsp] Maximizing Router capabilities

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Sep 30 09:37:58 EDT 2008

I got in touch with the ASR1000 PM's. I had remembered seeing a discussion
on it.

I can see both sides of the fence on this one.

Originally what the BU really wanted was two feature sets (Base and
Advanced Enterprise Services) and they were priced accordingly.

A number of customers wanted a feature set that didn't have any
of the "legacy protocols" supported in it. Basically an image that
didn't even have the code in it that could be turned on. Therefore
the BU had to go back and restructure a bunch of their release and
test cycles to incorporate it.

I'm sure they would have rather just had the two feature sets only
to simply the release process and testing for the platform.

Rodney