[c-nsp] 6500/7600 Pseudowires

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Wed Apr 1 05:12:03 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a pseudowire running between an IX and my peering router in
another country.

There's a SIP600 in a 7606/SUP7203B at the far end facing the IX and a
WS-X6748-GE-TX + DFC3B in a 7613/SUP7203B at this end facing the peering
router.

The local 7613 is connected to the remote 7606 with a pair of long GE
links.

Occasionally something along the chain reflects a couple of frames back
to the IX, who shuts the port down automatically (killing off all of my
peering sessions!)

Has anyone had anything similar, and found out the cause for it? I can
verify that neither the IS-IS route to the 7606 nor the LSP for the
pseudowire was changed during the issue.

Thanks,
adam.