[c-nsp] Redundant switch fabric

Ryan Hughes rshughes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:51:16 EDT 2009

To clarify the issue on the upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.1.3 - there was more of
a "distribution" error in that the CMP module was shipped read-only.
Required assistance from a DE to resolve and work around which basically
involved flashing the rom to make it read-write and then I was able to
upgrade the CMP manually. This same problem appeared on a different and
separate customer's gear at roughly the same time. Required the same fix so
more than likely it was a "bad lot" type scenario.

Service impacting? Not at all.
Absolutely stupid and frustrating? Absolutely.

Ryan