[c-nsp] Monitoring External Web Server

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Fri Apr 3 10:14:52 EDT 2009

If you want to go commercial, we use a software-as-a-service (SAAS)
product called Gomez. You periodically contact your server from
browser-client nodes on their backbone. You can also execute scripts from
these nodes that will walk through your web-site in a pre-determined way.

The pricing model is based on a 'cost per measurement' subscription where
a measurement is an access of a web-site from a test node. If you do it
hourly, that would be 24 per day, etc.

Joe

"Aaron Riemer" <ariemer at wesenergy.com.au>
Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
04/03/2009 12:50 AM

<cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
cc

Subject
[c-nsp] Monitoring External Web Server

Hey guys,

We have a requirement to monitor the external availability of a web
server that hangs off our ASA DMZ interface. I was thinking of running
an IP SLA probe from our external router to test the web requests but I
was wondering if anyone had done something with EEM that could possibly
try to establish a TCP connection to the web server and report the
statistics somehow. I don't want to place a machine outside for the
monitoring so would prefer to do it from our router if possible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Aaron.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
strictly prohibited.