[c-nsp] Too dumb for SLB on ASR1Ks?

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Sat Apr 4 07:02:47 EDT 2009

illcritikz at gmail.com (Ben Steele) wrote:

> What part exactly doesn't work? just the load balancing? do you have IP
> connectivity ok to your real servers? how is that virtual IP being sent to
> the box? it's not listed anywhere in your configuration on how 10.10.237.x
> gets to the box.

This is the lab setup; you can count on routing being alright - connectivity
among all parts of the setup is working, and I reconfigured the servers
myself (UNIX guys usually get netmasks etc. wrong *g*). You can also see
this from the drop-in replacement (7201) working perfectly in the setup.

The point is that the ASR receives the packets but doesn't push them on.
They do not appear in any statistics (SLB or port) and they do not appear
on the wire or on the target server.

There are two things that would help my cause, one being an idea whether
someone else successfully or unsuccessfully used SLB on ASRs (or the info
about serious trouble there). Then I'd like to compare configs; maybe I
forgot some magic word.

There is no documentation for SLB on IOS XE to be found, so I'd be happy
about pointers towards recipes or HowTos, since 7*** configs don't seem
to work - provided it's not some crazy bug that keeps the ASR from
pushing the packets on.

Thanks for any insight,
			Elmar.