[c-nsp] rate limiting pointers?

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Tue Apr 7 21:36:23 EDT 2009

Since the topic of rate limiting came up...

I have a 7206VXR NPE-300 and 2 switches (2960 and 3550).

I plan on setting up  a trunk from the 7206 to the 3500 and break out via vlans as you'd expect.  What are some good methods for rate limiting the individual ports on the access switches?

I'm open to other hardware but this is more of a lab / personal environment so solutions for the listed hardware would be appreciated.  Could someone also suggest some good foundation type reading for rate limiting and practices?

Thank you
Scott