[c-nsp] BGP across continents

Geyer, Nick nick.geyer at eds.com
Tue Apr 7 21:54:57 EDT 2009

I have rolled out ASR1002/ESP5's as border routers in a few places now
and they perform fantastically.

Doing BGP, bogon filtering and basic ACL's, the highest usage ones I
have running in production at the moment push up to ~200Mbps sustained
and the routers don't even blink at it.

Definitely a good platform for the intended purpose, and kudos to Cisco
for not trying to cram it full of features at initial release, IOS XE
actually looks like a decent and stable platform =)