[c-nsp] T3 or Ethernet delivery?

Ryan Hughes rshughes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:09:50 EDT 2009

Generally my experience with Ethernet handoffs has been hit or miss
depending on what the carrier is delivering for the hand off - I've dealt
with some gear as you alluded to that doesn't down the CE hand off when the
circuit goes which turns into an interesting game of routing protocol timers
and EEM/IP SLA for neighbor tracking.

I've also run into situations where its best to traffic shape the port to
the CIR you're getting the provider on sub-rate Ethernet hand offs (you're
only paying for 45mb and you negotiating the physical to a gig with their
gear).

But yeah - the price and cost saving of not needing certain interface line
card for hand off is undeniable and has to be taken serious.

Ryan