[c-nsp] 12.4(T) feature oddness

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Sun Apr 12 10:06:48 EDT 2009

I've been looking at doing some EEM stuff with client kit using latest 12.4(T) and have come across some feature oddness.

It appears that, you can not make outgoing ISDN calls without using the ADVANCED ENTERPRISE license
(using ADVANCED IP will give you obscure messages such as "Outgoing Call id XXXX Blocked")

This is fine and dandy, however, am deploying some EEM applets on the CPE which I would like to
respond to SNMP traps which are sent from events on the CPE and looped back to itself
(I don't want to rely on logging for event triggers in case there is a logging storm
and I miss the messages), in such case, I need the trap receiver or "snmp-server manager"
command which ONLY appears to be present in ADVANCED IP and not ADVANCED ENTERPRISE

Does anybody know a way around this sillyness? The box in question is an 876 on which
I am compelled to run technology train (I do not believe there is mainline support for 876 yet?)

thanks in advance

Dave.