[c-nsp] 3560E wire-speed or not?

L'argent largent at ai.net
Thu Apr 16 12:48:24 EDT 2009

Quick question regarding whether a 3560E is wire-speed or not.

According to the Cisco website here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7078/prod_models_comparison.html

For example, I don't see how a 3560E-12D and a 3560-12SD can both be
wirespeed when their max PPS is different only by a factor of 2.

The PPS numbers (unless I've done my math wrong) seem to imply *not*
wirespeed.

However on the product data sheets and the video introduction it says
"wirespeed". Such as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ake-nsGcwd8
and
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7078/product_data_sheet0900aecd805bac22.html

Anything conclusive anyone can share with me?

Our application is to aggregate several 1Gb/s VLANs onto 10G and back.
The QOS/buffering problems others have mentioned shouldn't be an issue
for this, but I'd rather not run into any exotic TCAM forwarding
limitations that some how modify the  wire-speed classification.

Thanks in advance,

LA