[c-nsp] Classify geographical traffic with BGP

Burak Dikici bdikici at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:52:24 EDT 2009

  Hi Rich ,

 With this configuration , i am still getting inbound traffic from
germany_isp
i didn't use "neighbor send-community"   command in the configuration , is
that couse any problem ?   When i control the my advertised route from the
at&t router , it is looking prepended.

router bgp 5555
neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS remote-as 29259
neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS description Germany_ISP
 address-family ipv4
  no synchronization
  neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS activate
  neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS route-map AS_path_prepend_for_germany_ISP
out
  neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS filter-list 10 out
!
ip as-path access-list 10 permit ^$
!
route-map AS_path_prepend_for_germany_ISP permit 10
match ip address 54
set as-path prepend 5555 5555 5555
!
route-map AS_path_prepend_for_germany_ISP permit 20

By the way , what is the difference between the configs  ;

*!!!!! CONFIG-1 !!!!!*
route-map AS_path_prepend_for_germany_ISP permit 10
 match ip address 54
 set as-path prepend 5555 5555
!
route-map AS_path_prepend_for_germany_ISP permit 20
router bgp 5555
 neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS route-map AS_path_prepend_for_germany_ISP
out

*!!!!! CONFIG-2 !!!!!*
route-map AS_PREPENDING permit 10
 set community 29259:1101

router bgp 5555
 neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS route-map AS_PREPENDING out
 neighbor GERMANY_ISP_IP_ADDRESS send-community