[c-nsp] need help about switch cisco 4 9 4 8

Paul Zugnoni paulzugnoni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 18:56:07 EDT 2009

fwiw, (nearly 2 months later) on our 4948:
"boot system flash cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-31.SGA8.bin" with a
config-register of 0x2102 resulted in the switch booting into rommon mode,
with an error message on the console that the device was not specified.

Upon removing that configuration statement and replacing it with the
following one, the 4948 booted as expected:
boot system flash bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-31.SGA8.bin   << notice
the specification of bootflash: in front of the image name.

Paul