[c-nsp] C6k 6708 Input drops

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Apr 17 10:31:43 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 09:41 -0400, Dhingra, Anand wrote:
> I am not sure why... but for some odd reason cisco only has a 75
> packet buffer per interface going to the CPU.

That was just the pieces of information I needed. I adjusted the
hold-queue from 75 to 256 packets and the drops are now gone.

Only thing left is to find out what those bursts are that the switch
punts. But I'm very glad that there was an (easy to understand)
explanation. :-)

Thank you both of you!

Regards,
Peter