[c-nsp] GSS and ACE

robbie.jacka at regions.com robbie.jacka at regions.com
Wed Apr 22 11:39:19 EDT 2009

Saying that the GSS is it's own DNS server isn't quite right - while it
performs DNS resolution for configured host records (based on rules), I
don't believe that it can recurse on behalf of a client, nor can it
actually perform AXFRs, as far as I am aware. In other words, it does some
DNS-related functions exceptionally well (rules, monitoring, etc) it does
not do others at all.
--
robbie

             Roland Dobbins
             <rdobbins at cisco.c
             Sent by:                  Cisco-nsp
             cisco-nsp-bounces         <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
             @puck.nether.net                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/22/2009 10:30          Re: [c-nsp] GSS and ACE
             AM

On Apr 22, 2009, at 11:10 PM, Nick Griffin wrote:

> Right, my question was does it require ACE appliance or modules to
> work?

No, can work independently, no problem.

> Also, are there any ties to particular vendor DNS servers, ie CNR?

It can hook into CNR, and is also its own DNS server (can work with
anything else, too, obviously, through delegation).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // +852.6904.8571 mobile

   Our dreams are still big; it's just the future that got small.

                            -- Jason Scott