[c-nsp] GSS and ACE

robbie.jacka at regions.com robbie.jacka at regions.com
Wed Apr 22 12:26:26 EDT 2009

Agreed. The learning curve on it is roughly equivalent to SVR4, but once
you've gotten the basics down, it's a remarkably awesome device.
--
robbie

             Roland Dobbins
             <rdobbins at cisco.c
             Sent by:                  Cisco-nsp
             cisco-nsp-bounces         <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
             @puck.nether.net                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/22/2009 11:22          Re: [c-nsp] GSS and ACE
             AM

On Apr 22, 2009, at 11:34 PM, Tony Varriale wrote:

> I can't say I've ever done this but the GSS does have the ability to
> probe other devices/brands via SNMP.  Also, there is good scripting
> capability.

Yes on both counts.

It's actually a neat little box.  Not many folks seem to know about
it, but it's surprisingly useful, and most of the features make
operational sense (note that the 'anycast' feature is not in fact
anycast as is commonly understood, heh).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // +852.6904.8571 mobile

   Our dreams are still big; it's just the future that got small.

                            -- Jason Scott