[c-nsp] VTY Lines

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:40:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Justin Shore <justin at justinshore.com> wrote:

> on all interfaces including con0.  I have TACACS+ set up with local auth as
> the backup (and only one user account on the devices which I've gone to
> great lengths to protect).  Aux is explicitly disabled.  He just didn't get
> it.  Sure I could add the password command to the VTY to appease him even

I'd venture to think it was more about trying to prevent the potential
corner cases. Of course there is a lot of preconditions for that "line
of the defense" to be hit - but it all depends. After all, most of us
have an insurance for the case of the proverbial "being hit by a bus"
- even though those are the events we all carefully try to avoid.
(Or so I would hope:-)

Back to the original post - without the version hard to tell, but I've
seen CSCsc70644 causing similar symptoms.

If that does not match, I'd say open up a case so the TAC folks take a
closer look.

cheers,
andrew