[c-nsp] Automatically Synchronize IOS Router Configurations?

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:45:25 EDT 2009

Hi Team,
I am prospecting a short contract from a client (an ISP) who wants to
redesign their internal and edge networks.

Among other things, their requirement is for their HSRP or GLBP routers to
automatically synchronize their running configurations.

So that when configurations changes are made on the active router, it is
replicated onto the standby box (like is done on Cisco firewall appliances
in failover mode).

During my meeting with the client to define their requirements, I explained
that I am not aware of any functionality to  automatically synchronize
running configs between two IOS routers just because they are in an HSRP or
GLBP group.

However, I have just received an official requirements definition (contract
terms) from the client and that requirement is stated in bold characters.

Was wondering if I have been missing any such feature in IOS routers for
this long?

Many thanks,

Felix