[c-nsp] pingalias with a variable

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Fri Apr 24 04:39:50 EDT 2009

Not the most elegant solution....

event manager applet PING
  event cli pattern "ping" sync no skip yes
  action 1.0 cli command "enable"
  action 2.0 cli command "$_cli_msg source loopback0"
  action 3.0 syslog msg "$_cli_result"
!

If you have latest IOS, you can use "puts" instead of "syslog" for the output, so you
don't need to have "term mon" turned on.

Probably Ivan could come out with a better solution based on TCL ;)

--
Tassos