[c-nsp] Forcing all HSRP interfaces to failover

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Apr 24 07:04:43 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Is there any good way to have IOS abdicate the active status on all of
its HSRP interfaces?  Of course I could change each of a few thousand
SVIs, but I'd like a better way.

The only thing I can come up with is to create an unnumbered loopback
just to use as a tracking target.  Admin down that interface when you
want to take down one of the routers for maintenance.

Has anyone ever done something similar?  Any better ideas?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie