[c-nsp] 3750 High Cpu IP Input

Richard Gallagher rgallagh at cisco.com
Fri Apr 24 09:37:30 EDT 2009

Input queue was full of packets like this:

Buffer information for RxQ3 buffer at 0x2E792F0
   data_area 0x7BB2AB0, refcount 1, next 0x2E7E210, flags 0x200
   linktype 7 (IP), enctype 1 (ARPA), encsize 14, rxtype 1
   if_input 0x3ABBAE0 (Vlan217), if_output 0x0 (None)
   inputtime 00:00:00.000 (elapsed never)
   outputtime 00:00:00.000 (elapsed never), oqnumber 65535
   datagramstart 0x7BB2AF6, datagramsize 82, maximum size 2196
   mac_start 0x7BB2AF6, addr_start 0x7BB2AF6, info_start 0x0
   network_start 0x7BB2B04, transport_start 0x7BB2B18, caller_pc
0x6D1024

   source: 74.212.165.187, destination: 224.0.0.252, id: 0x3CDA, ttl: 1,
   TOS: 0 prot: 17, source port 58064, destination port 5355

Buffer information for RxQFB buffer at 0x2672BB0
   data_area 0x758C35C, refcount 1, next 0x263960C, flags 0x200
   linktype 7 (IP), enctype 1 (ARPA), encsize 14, rxtype 1
   if_input 0x3ABBAE0 (Vlan217), if_output 0x0 (None)
   inputtime 00:00:00.000 (elapsed never)
   outputtime 00:00:00.000 (elapsed never), oqnumber 65535
   datagramstart 0x758C3A2, datagramsize 64, maximum size 2196
   mac_start 0x758C3A2, addr_start 0x758C3A2, info_start 0x0
   network_start 0x758C3B0, transport_start 0x0, caller_pc 0x6D1024

   source: 74.212.165.187, destination: 224.0.0.252, id: 0x3CDA, ttl: 1,
   TOS: 0 prot: 17, source port 58064, destination port 5355

These TTL=1 are causing the high CPU.