[c-nsp] 3750 Stack Weird 'Failure'

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Fri Apr 24 11:45:09 EDT 2009

I have a stack of 3750's with 4 members, and after an IOS upgarde to
12.2(50), the stack rebooted and one of the members just keeps
rebooting, and the logs show the member keeps joining and then getting
removed from the stack.

I would say this is related to the new IOS, but the reason for the IOS
upgrade was that it was running a super old version of code, and the
statck 'was unstable' per the client. So an IOS upgarde was the first
thing I wanted to try...

So I reboot the stack from the master switch, leave the 'bad' switch
unplugged for 30 seconds and then plug it in, so that it waits for the
'bad' member to boot during the master switch stack election process,
and then all of the switches come up fine......weird.

Anyone heard of this? Crash dump file was found but it was from the old
version of IOS.

Thanks