[c-nsp] Forcing all HSRP interfaces to failover

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Sun Apr 26 10:37:33 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 09:49:10AM +0200, Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:
> Another nice thing for large scale HSRP is to have a master HSRP group,
> and have the others track the master's state (removing the need to
> process all those keepalives).
>
> If you look here:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipapp/command/reference/iap_s3.html#
> wp1062861
>
> You would notice the "standby track group-number" option, which tracks
> another group's status, and mimics it's operational status.
> This is very useful when you have a very symmetric topology for many
> groups.

Does that really prevent the tracking group from processing
keepalives?  Phil's link to HSRP follow groups clearly documents that
it does, while the above link kinda just says it makes a tracked
object to monitor the status of another group.

Either way, it's probably a moot point for now since I'm stuck on SXF
and neither feature appears in my "standby track ..." options.

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie