[c-nsp] L2TPv3 "LNS mode"

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Mon Apr 27 06:53:31 EDT 2009

Gabor,

Yes, this is the right way to make it work.
You need to take into consideration that you are actually running a L2VPN pseudowire over L2TPv3, but the service is actually based on terminating the attachment circuit locally on the router using a L3 interface.

This can also be done using regular L2VPN over MPLS, and L2TPv3 is just a substitute for the MPLS infrastructure, allowing to run MPLS-like services directly over an IP core.

Arie