[c-nsp] DHCP server suited for option 82

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:38:52 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I am trying to setup linux dhcpd ISC server to act according to
certain circuit-id values in the Option 82, and I find the whole
configuration very poorly documented, and quite complex. This is quite
surprising to me that for such a market pushy technology as IPoE there
are no 'easily' configurable DHCP servers.

Maybe I am looking wrong direction, can somebody tell me what DHCP
server are you using if you need to hand out specific IPs for specific
switch ports?

Thanks,
Pavel Skovajsa