[c-nsp] DHCP server suited for option 82

junior drrtuy at ya.ru
Mon Apr 27 17:58:27 EDT 2009

Hello.

Pavel Skovajsa wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to setup linux dhcpd ISC server to act according to
> certain circuit-id values in the Option 82, and I find the whole
> configuration very poorly documented, and quite complex. This is quite
> surprising to me that for such a market pushy technology as IPoE there
> are no 'easily' configurable DHCP servers.

I have recently configured dhcp relay with option 82 using 5 catalyst
switches with ISC DHCP server. It was hard to find useful information.
Here is well documented example of ISC DHCP server with Option 82
configuration file... in Russian. But You can find sample configuration
inside the text.

> Maybe I am looking wrong direction, can somebody tell me what DHCP
> server are you using if you need to hand out specific IPs for specific
> switch ports?

ISC DHCP server is the correct choice to manage with this.