[c-nsp] DHCP server suited for option 82

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Mon Apr 27 18:04:27 EDT 2009

On Mon Apr 27, 2009 at 02:08:59PM -0700, Charles Wyble wrote:
> http://www.thtech.net/article/10 for ISC example

That appears to be the canonical example that's trotted out everytime
Option 82 is mentioned. Fine if all you want to do is log the Option 82
information, but less than useful if you want to do anything intelligent
based on it.

I've ended up developing my own simple DHCP server - I don't need the
complexities that ISC offers, but I do need to do clever stuff with Option 82,
and I also need to trigger external actions whenever IPs are leased, renewed,
released, etc. I didn't really want to rely on watching a logfile to
achieve this.

SImon