[c-nsp] rate limit per user traffic with WLC and billing system

Burak Dikici bdikici at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:53:00 EDT 2009

  Hello ,

 We want to rent the internet access service to the houses which are
provided to employees. That's why we need bandwidth limit per user and
billing system solution. There will be also a guest users in the network.
Could you give me an idea , is it possible to do that with Cisco wireless
LAN controller devices , if it is possible how can it be done ?

In this address ;
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52ccfg.html#wpxref21838<javascript:newWin('http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52ccfg.html#wpxref21838')>
"Using the CLI to Configure QoS Profiles "

"To define the average data rate in Kbps for TCP traffic per user, enter
this command: "
"config qos average-data-rate {bronze | silver | gold | platinum} rate "

I see this command option. What is this for , is this option helps me ?

Another option is , "Per-User Bandwidth Contracts" option under QoS Profiles
menu in the Controller. Is that option helps me also ?

Kind Regards...