[c-nsp] BGP Med and outbound metric

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Apr 30 12:49:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 09:31 -0400, Matthew Huff wrote:
> neighbor 10.151.0.82 route-map setMED-LOW out
> neighbor 10.151.0.82 filter-list 10 out
>
> route-map setMED-LOW permit 10
>  match ip address routemap_ecn
>  set metric 200
>
> ip access-list standard routemap_ecn
>  permit 129.77.44.0
>
> I've done the "clear ip bgp * soft" and have verified that the other
> side has seen the change (previously I had a block all access list on
> the distribute out so I know that the change has taken effect).
>
> rtr-feed2#show ip bgp 129.77.44.0

Is the "rtr-feed2" your side or their side?

> Both outputs show a metric of 0. Any ideas?

You can only see the results of an outbound route-map on the other side.
The metric you see on your side is the one you box knows about.

Are you sure they would accept the MED setting? It's quite normal to
clear this inbound to enforce some standard policy.

Regards,
Peter