[c-nsp] mailing list vs. web site (WAS: Re: SFC DOWN)

e ninja eninja at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 20:55:38 EDT 2009

Jay,

Not sure what you continue to refer to here about *"**scraping cisco-nsp for
email addresses**"* but to minimize your exposure, you may want to refrain
from making unsubstantiated allegations against corporate entities without
facts.

All that was suggested is simple, if folks have extra bandwidth, they should
clearly and concisely document best practices in a format that is easily
searchable and reusable for posterity. Whether that is mysolvr.com, CCO,
juniper.net, private blogs or impulse.net, it really doesn't matter.

Suggesting that someone taking the time to research and respond to a complex
2-day old GSR 12000 ASIC problem that no one else on the list had responded
to - is doing so for an ulterior motive is highly unprofessional. You need
to remove emotions from your list conversations and focus on the only reason
why everybody is here - to *voluntarily* help others solve their technical
problems. Remember, a list is only as good as the quality of the answers
people get from it.

eom on this matter.
eninja