[c-nsp] Help:Anyone Familar with Cisco L3VPN Inter-AS Option C MPLS Forwarding Model?

asnoka zhung asnoka at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 12:20:01 EDT 2009

Recently I have to configured L3VPN Inter-AS Option C on our network,while I
noticed these issue on ASBR:

1.Cisco(7609 router) will allocate Implicit Null(3) label for routes locally
generated on ASBR.
2.For routes learned from the PE in the same AS(suppose using LDP in the
local AS),when redistributed the routes
  to BGP from IGP(e.g ISIS/OSPF),the ASBR will just pick the label which was
allocated for IGP routes by LDP.

So I am a little confused,I am not sure can this scheme working properly
when forwarding mpls packet for L3VPN?

--
Learning Linux:)