[c-nsp] Policing on a 3560

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Aug 4 16:30:21 EDT 2009

I'm having a little trouble doing something that should be simple.  I'm
using a 3560 as a CPE to break up multiple services and bind them to
unique switchports.  I don't normally use 3560s for this.  The port in
question is for a 10Mbp PtP with no SLA across our backbone.

What I currently have is apparently not doing anything and I fail to see
the flaw in my logic:

class-map match-all ALL
!
!
policy-map Re-color-BE
  description Police to 10Mbps CIR - Re-color ALL to BE
  class ALL
   police 10000000 8000 exceed-action drop
   set ip dscp default

This is my QoS trust boundary so I'm re-coloring to 0 and setting muy
CIR to 10Mbps.  The switch wouldn't let me define 'match any' in the
class-map.  I suspect that I'm not matching anything because of that.  I
want to match anything coming in that interface and police it to the CIR
and drop everything else.  I must be missing something but I'm not sure
what it is.  Is there something unique about this platform?  The IOS is
12.2(50)SE1.

Thanks
  Justin