[c-nsp] 3750 Suggestions?

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Thu Aug 6 09:03:56 EDT 2009

It'll give for more mac space , but you'll have the same problem with routes.
Vlan is basically a layer 2 only template so all your ip routes with not be hardware forwarded.
For this you'd need an external router.You could try and take a 3750 out of the stack and use it as the router , the default template gives 6k mac and 8k IP routes, but in you original post it shows over 6k arp entries so it may make it better but is not a complete solution.
You mentioned also a 4948 or a 6500 , I think the right choice depends on your current traffic requirements and expected growth in both traffic ports and hosts, with the 6500 giving the maximum room for expansion.

Brian