[c-nsp] VSS 1440 issues

C and C Dominte domintefamily at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 11:59:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

Thank you for your advice, however, increasing the timers
did not work.

I powered down the active linecards from switch 2
yesterday to see if it stopped the unicast flood, which it did.

Today I increased the mac address syncronisation activity
time to 640 and the mac address aging time to 1920 (3x640) as below:

    Module Status:

Statistics collected from Switch/Module             :
1/1

Number of L2 asics in this module                   :  1

    Global Status:

Status of feature enabled on the switch             :
on

Default activity time                               :  160

Configured current activity time                    :  640

Module Status:

Statistics collected from Switch/Module             :
2/1

Number of L2 asics in this module                   :  1

    Global Status:

Status of feature enabled on the switch             :
on

Configured current activity time                    :  640

#sh mac-addr aging-time

Vlan    Aging Time

Global  1920

no vlan age other than global age configured

Once this was done, I re-enabled one of the linecards on
switch 2, and the same thing happens. The network is flooded with loads of
unicast traffic, on all the trunk ports on switch 2.

Is there any other reason that this unicast flood is
being caused?

Catalin