[c-nsp] HIDE AS BGP

jack daniels jckdaniels12 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:51:56 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We had a requirement in which customer wants that the ISP- AS should not be
visible when route are advertised to internet via a upstream(L2 VPN
solution).
Can we use BGP command no-prepend with Replace AS attribute to hide ISP AS
in internet. ------------

Can we peer with customer using local AS which will be private AS.We will
use no prepend command along with Replace AS which will replace ISP AS with
the private AS which is used for Peering.While going out to any
international Peer we will remove private AS . On internet only customer AS
and Peer AS will be visible.

Please advise is this solution will work . Also advise if any better
solution for this scenario.

Thanks and Regards
J.Daniels