[c-nsp] HIDE AS BGP

jack daniels jckdaniels12 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:19:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

Customer---ISP1---ISP2---Internet

using "local-as no-prepend replace-as" (Cisco commands)
configured for ISP1 BGP peering sessions with "Customer" and "ISP2"
would do the trick of hiding ISP1's AS#. ISP1 will pretend to look
like "Customer" to ISP2, and look like "ISP2" to "Customer".
Furthermore, you may use tunneling in ISP1 (e.g. deploy MPLS) and make
it look almost completely transparent to "Customer".

The following conditions apply:
  If the AS_PATH includes both private and public AS numbers, BGP doesn't
remove the private AS numbers. This situation is considered a configuration

Please advise how to go for this.
Regards
J.Daniels