[c-nsp] SSH no longer functions after hostname change

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Aug 10 12:55:02 EDT 2009

You should call TAC and your SE/AM as well to insure they capture what
happened to avoid this defect in the future.  You may also be able to
entirely disable/restart the SSH subsystem, or at least make sure they
have the ability to restart it.  If Cisco doesn't make progress on
this front, I'm not sure how they will continue to survive.  The
internet of 2000 and later really needs protected memory and
restartable processes instead of the old tech support "have you turned
it off and back on again" policy of dealing with defects.  While that
has a place, certainly this is not one of them.

	- Jared